Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mini Clubman


Ever since I saw "The Italian Job", I've viewed the Mini Cooper as a viable sports car. There's no denying their light weight and sporting capability, and I've seen several that I would gladly pay full price to own. Unfortunately for me, my wife says she can't see me in one. They're too cutesy, too girly for a guy like me, she says. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a wannabe lumberjack who must sit 7 feet off the ground in a chromed out, full size pickup bearing the words "Heavy Duty" and "Git 'R Done" in several spots along the sides and back, and I don't think my wife would've married me if I were. On the contrary, I drive small rusty cars that can negotiate the freeway onramp at above-average speeds, and I probably always will. Still, my wife's flat assessment of the Mini as cutesy put the car out of contention as a potential garage buddy.

But then I saw this new Mini Clubman, with its longer wheelbase and superior functionality, and I'm back to trying to convince Allison that they are manly enough. With that in mind, I thought a little survey of the masses would help clear up the issue of "manliness" concerning the Mini. So take two seconds to vote, over here on the right. Is the Mini Clubman manly enough to be driven by a 30-something dad with sporting intentions? You tell me.

No comments: